Just how can I relocate my neighborhood e-mail folders in Mail.app from my old Mac to my new Mac?
Alternatively you can import them in the mail.app on your new mac making use of the "Mail" - > "Archive" - > "Import mail boxes" - > "Apple Mail" food selection alternative and afterwards picking the ~/ Library/Mail folder on your old mac (or a duplicate of that folder on an USB thumb drive, CD - R etc).
- Click the "Finder" symbol on the dock to release a new Finder
- Navigate to your account's Library folder in Mac OS X's Finder. Under Places, click your username (the one with your house symbol) and afterwards click "Library." You can additionally do this by picking "Go" from the Finder's leading food selection and afterwards "Go to Folder." Key in "~/ Library" (without the quotes), and also it will certainly open the Library folder.
- Locate the "Mail" folder.
- Replicate the whole "Mail" folder onto a storage space tool (USB thumb drive or empty CD - R) or move it over the network to the very same area (User :Library) on the various other Macintosh computer system.
- Most likely to the Preferences folder in the Library and also situate the "com.apple.mail.plist" documents. You can browse there making use of the Finder window or select "Go" from the leading food selection of the Finder, click "Go to Folder" and also key in "~/ Library/Preferences/" (without the quotes) in the punctual.
- Replicate the "com.apple.mail.plist" documents onto your USB thumb drive or CD - R or duplicate it straight to the User :Library :Preferences folder on the various other computer system over the network. "User" is your customer account name.c
- Plug in the USB thumb drive or insert the CD - R right into the optical drive on the various other Macintosh computer system if you have not moved the documents over the network.
- Relocate the "com.apple.mail.plist" documents to the User :Library :Preferences folder of the various other Mac. "User" is your customer account name.
- Relocate the Mail folder to the User :Library folder on the various other Mac.
- Release Mail.app. Currently your setups and also email need to coincide as those on the old Mac. Otherwise, see to it both the Mail folder and also the "com.apple.mail.plist" documents remain in the proper areas.