Just how do you map a Mac keyboard to COMPUTER format?
The major troubles with making use of an Apple keyboard on a COMPUTER are as adheres to:
- Media & Volume keys are nonfunctional
- Command key where Alt key need to be, yet imitates Windows key
- Option key where Windows key need to be, yet imitates Alt key
- Right Control key imitate Right Alt key
- Fn key where Insert key need to be (wired keyboard just)
- Clear key where NumLock key need to be (wired keyboard just)
You can make use of scancode mapping to map the F7 - F12 scancodes to the Windows media keyboard matchings, transform F13 - F15 right into the PrintScreen, Scroll Lock, and also Pause keys, and also make the Ctrl and also Alt keys function effectively. Afterwards you struck a wall surface with scancode mapping.
Rather, install uawks. Its a little program that makes use of AutoHotKey manuscripts to map your Mac keyboard keys to the COMPUTER matchings. You can constantly fine-tune the manuscripts to get the specific actions you desire.
I make use of the complying with to exchange the alt and also command/Windows keys. Paste right into a.reg documents, after that run it to import right into your computer system registry.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout] "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,08,00,00,00,37,e0,64,00,5b,e0,38,00,\ 38,00,5b,e0,5c,e0,38,e0,38,e0,5c,e0,47,e0,63,e0,0d,00,59,00,00,00,00,00