What is a paper reduced?
From the papercut website :
The One Hundred Paper Cuts task exists to work with the little aggravations in Ubuntu. These pests are generally taken into consideration also reduced top priority for the programmers of the applications concerned, that currently have ample to work with, therefore the One Hundred Paper Cuts task comes and also selects them up. In each release cycle, the task intends to deal with 100 of these little pests and also in doing so, offer Ubuntu a layer of gloss that is not commonly located in various other Linux distros.
When it comes to the definition of a paper reduced :
Put briefly, a paper cut is a trivially reparable use bug that the ordinary customer would certainly run into in default installment of Ubuntu Desktop Edition.
If you favor an extra thorough, itemized definition, a paper cut is :
- A bug, or an unplanned trouble taking place within an existing item of software program,
- the visibility of that makes a computer system harder or much less positive to make use of,
- that is very easy to deal with,
- that the ordinary customer would certainly run into ...
- in a default installment of Latest release of Ubuntu or Kubuntu, Desktop Edition.
If a possible paper reduced falls short to fulfill any one of the standards over, it is not a paper cut.
All the details on just how to get entailed gets on the website also. See One Hundred Papercuts - Ubuntu Wiki for additional information.