How do I move a Gmail account to a Google Apps Account?
I've had a normal Gmail make up years. I lately got an individual domain name and also set up Google Apps on it (the free variation).
I would love to move as high as feasible of my existing Gmail account over to an account in the Google Apps for my domain name. This consists of yet is not restricted to email, records, schedules, etc - As high as feasible.
Had the very same trouble and also wound up making use of e-mail forwarding plus specifying numerous resource e-mail. I make use of one login that accumulates both gmail and also applications mail.
For schedule you can permit accessibility in between your accounts and also link them with each other.
Google has actually a web page called Managing and using Google products: Transferring product data which will possibly have one of the most up - to - day details.
Presently they have overviews on just how to move information from the adhering to solutions :
- Maps : Saved Locations
... and also just how to share information with the adhering to solutions :
- App Engine
- Maps : My Maps
This is really simple for email at the very least. Simply update your Google Apps domain name to Premier version momentarily (you can get a 30 - day free test upgrade from a link readily available on your Google Apps control panel). You'll have complete accessibility to the Gmail migration device, which is superb.
There is no very easy means to do this. Email is the hardest component.
This is the overview I adhered to : http://base6.com/2009/06/15/migrating-from-gmail-to-google-apps/
Exact Steps I adhered to :
Documents (Not in the overview) :
- Share every one of your existing records with complete advantages with your new applications account.
Email (From the talk about the overview) :
- In your Gmail account (From where you intend to import all your e-mails to your Google Apps statndard account) most likely to 'Settings'
- Then click 'Forwarding POP/IMAP' tab.
- After that select 'Enable POP for all mail (also mail that's currently been downloaded and install) select permit POP for all'
- Now most likely to your Google Apps account.
- Most likely to 'Settings'
- The click 'Accounts' tab
- In the area 'Get mail from various other accounts :' Click on the link 'Add a mail account you possess'
- A new window turns up, simply adhere to the procedure of giving your Gmail Account details
- Probably 2nd web page right into it, it will certainly request for username, password, etc and also it will certainly have a fall food selection alongside Pop web server : select the 1st 'pop.gmail.com' in the checklist
do not examine mark leave messages as gmail does not sustain it
Check mark tag and also offer it an excellent tag like : 'My Gmail' or something.
After that click Add Account and also it will certainly experience the confirmation. As soon as you validate the account. You are done.
Currently you can return to the inbox and also you need to see your 'My Gmail' tag. Click it and also it need to download and install all your e-mails from your Gmail account. Please keep in mind that you will certainly shed all the e-mails in your Gmail Account.
Last action is to after that return to the Gmail Account and also disable POP download and install and also enable forwarding to your google apps email account.
Schedule (Directly from the overview) :
- On GMail schedule, goto Settings - > Calendars - > Export Calendars to download and install a ZIP of your schedules in ICAL layout.
- On Google Apps schedule, goto Settings - > Calendars
Contacts (Directly from the overview) :
- On GMail calls, make use of the Export alternative to export each team in Google's CSV layout. After that export another CSV of "Everyone (All Contacts)"
- On Google Apps calls :
- Use the Import alternative to import the CSV of Everyone, leaving the "Add these imported calls to :" alternative uncontrolled.
- After that make use of the Import alternative to import each team subsequently, examining the "Add these imported calls to : New Group ..." alternative, and also enter the name of the team. - > Import schedule and also import the ICAL access to your schedule.2.