Why isn't my HTC Hero updating?
Situated in China I've been waiting for life for the HTC Hero upgrade to Android 2.1. Nonetheless currently almost everywhere all over the world individuals are obtaining it.
I do get the periodic upgrade, and afterwards I get motivated to reset the phone, nonetheless when I reset it the upgrade does not get mounted (missing out on update.zip on SD card?)
Or possibly I need to transfer to England? Could I phony this with a VPN/proxy? If so just how could I set this up?
Depending on whether your phone is secured and also will not approve international updates, you might not need to root your phone, yet you will certainly need to unlock it by utilizing the goldcard method.
The good news is this website helps you do it in a couple of straightforward actions :
Note : these actions will certainly NOT root your phone .
Download and install : klutsh's Goldcard Tool
- Format your SD card to FAT32 by going Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card after that Format SD Card
- Launch the goldcard device as admin by Right click App > Run as Admin
- Connect your phone to your COMPUTER and also see to it USB debugging is made it possible for (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging )
- Click get CID (Try hitting MMC0 if MMC1 falls short )
- Click the link to open the goldcard generator, replicate the CID from the device right into it. You will certainly get an email.
- Enable USB Mass Storage on your phone.
- Click 'Refresh' in the application and also select your mini SD card.
- Click 'Load goldcard.img' and also select the file you obtained by email.
- Click 'Patch MMC'
- You currently have a goldcard!
- Currently you can downgrade making use of the Generic RUU.
After these actions you've transformed your Android variation to a common one and also you can make use of the common upgrade to get it to 2.1.
Congratulations to klutsh from MoDaCo and also the individual that made the website!