Small issues after installing Gnome 3 (via PPA)
After taking into consideration all the threats of making use of GNOME 3 in Ubuntu 11.04, I mounted GNOME 3 using PPA. The good news is, my system is functioning penalty after the installment, yet adhering to are 3 concerns which I intend to deal with.
- Advancement is still not upgraded to 3.0, hence it is making use of NotifyOSD to alert concerning new mails
- Empathy is upgraded to 3.0 yet is not making use of modern-day GNOME 3 alert system
- Ubuntu still makes use of Old network supervisor as opposed to that of GNOME 3, hence, it is not incorporated well with whole desktop computer
Also, I needed to know that just how can I make Ubuntu 11.04 entirely supply GNOME 3, consisting of all the default applications that it is making use of.
If you desire a 100% supply GNOME3 desktop computer, after that I presume it will not be feasible now on Ubuntu. You have 2 alternatives:
1) Live with those small concerns for a couple of even more months, after that relocate to Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric where you'll have supply GNOME3+Shell as an alternative.
2) Change to an additional distro such as Fedora till Oneiric prepares with its point.
BTW, why is alert - osd showing up? In my instance the GNOME covering alerts feature Evolutions. Are you certain the alerts are alert - osd ones? Do they come with the leading right or lower right?
You can install Evolution 3.0 by 2 approaches
- By transforming fedora 15 evolution3.0 rpm plans making use of unusual
By including the debian speculative repository
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main
As for the various other 2, its hard to get as Ubuntu 11.04 is improved top of 2.32. I have actually not assembled Gnome3 from resource. Probably you can attempt that and also see if it offers far better outcome.