Where are personalized bits being blinked to in inner memory?
I've unzipped zip apply for personalized bits and also saw that most of the documents that are being used remain in a/ kernel folder. Nonetheless that folder is unpublished when detailing the origin directory sites making use of both Root Explorer and also ES File Explorer. Where is this/ kernel folder?
The kernel becomes part of the "boot photo", which is saved in a different dividing in the flash memory, not in a regular documents. See http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack,_Edit,_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images
May be you can clarify a little extra on what you are attempting to do. Additionally, if you can detail those personalized kernel documents, we can aid much better.
If I require to blink a personalized kernel, I adhere to listed below procedure :
- Get the resource from the git repository
- Make my adjustments to the kernel resource. Adjustment can differ from including a straightforward debug printk declaration to including a new vehicle driver.
- Construct the kernel resource making use of cross - compiler toolchain
- Change the phone to Fastboot setting (I'm chatting round G1 phone)
- Use 'fastboot' to blink the personalized kernel (zImage) making use of command : 'fastboot flash :raw boot zImage ramdisk.img'
- Use 'fastboot reboot' command to reboot the phone making use of the new kernel
Hope there is some quality currently.