What are the Sysadmin-Related Blogs & Mailing Lists you check?
Great gathering of sysadmin blog sites.
Killer suggestions and also conversation from seasoned sysadmins.
The United States League of Professional Sysadmins basic conversation checklist.
Some wonderful sysadmin web content below with a committed Operations stream - a lot of 21st Century sysadmin product to appreciate and also think of.
- http://contempt.me/ - Totally a jerk, perhaps prohibited. Blog site spam, spam rings, and so on. Yet an intriguing check into management of hundreds or hundreds of little websites.
- http://highscalability.com/ - Often concerning code, yet equally as usually concerning scaling web servers and also system fine-tunes to maximize. Like this article and also maximizing also CPU load balancing
- http://gentoo-portage.com/GLSA - Because I run gentoo. The protection checklist of whatever significant items you make use of is typical I assume
- http://xorl.wordpress.com/ - He reviews the spots for protection openings and also programs where the mistake is. It's code, yet usually in the bit or significant plans
- http://www.darknet.org.uk/ - Often has blog posts concerning devices, consisting of forensics, SCADA, and so on
- http://digg.com/security - Often fluff or numerous days behind, yet it's slow-moving - relocating so it's very easy to embed and also neglect
- http://ha.ckers.org/blog/ - More arrangement type blog posts, yet additionally speaks about huge - range release of protection solutions and also strategies
- http://www.net-security.org/ - I locate this to be virtually complete fluff and also markest even more at CIOs seeking buzzwords, once in a while some signal survives
- http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php - An outstanding publication that appears every couple of months
- http://jeremiahgrossman.blogspot.com/ - He runs a Web Application Firewall firm, so his blog posts are usually concentrated around that, numbers connecting to the sector, and also basic Web Security
- http://www.schneier.com/blog/ - An essential
- http://www.secguru.com/ - Something like a reddit for protection. It usually obtains excellent write-ups yet several of after that are fluff
- http://www.windowsecurity.com/ - Has excellent tutorials and also descriptions for establishing points like Domain Authentication and also Kerberos in Windows.
- http://seclists.org/#bugtraq - I check this for anything intriguing or applications I run. Usually obtains first - records
- http://seclists.org/#dailydave - A really high signal to sound proportion checklist run by Dave Aitel
- http://seclists.org/#pen-test - Low signal to sound, yet I skim it anyhow
- http://seclists.org/#basics - Low signal to sound, yet I skim it anyhow. I can in fact address several of these!
- http://seclists.org/#webappsec - Low signal to sound, yet I skim it anyhow