HTTP Compression on IIS 6.0 (Windows Server 2003)
- HTTP COMPRESSION in IIS 6 and IIS 7 using Service Account
- TechNet - Enabling HTTP Compression
- IIS Compression in IIS6.0
- How to enable HTTP compression (IIS6)
- HTTP Compression and IIS 6.0
- IIS 6 Compression - quickest and effective way to do it for ASP.NET compression
Additionally, in order to examine each compression method (gzip/deflate) you can modify the" network.http.accept - encoding " choice in Firefox (default value is" gzip, deflate ")
I experimented with obtaining this set - up on our server (IIS 6) and also while allowing it was rather straightforward, it really did not offer us as much control over it as I required. I wound up acquiring httpZip from port80 Software. It made it unimportant to enable and also configure it. It resembles IIS 7 is better concerning this.
Does any person recognize just how you TEST if your IIS6 web server is sending out whized web content?
Exists a "examination your internet site" website around that can inform you ??
Can you make use of Firefox to inform you (firebug or a few other plug in?)
Using YSlow with FireBug. Click the "parts" tab and also it reveals raw and also gzipped dimensions.