How to speed my also - slow-moving ssh login?
ssh [email protected] takes ~ 30s. Below is the circumstance:
- this is a VM on the neighborhood LAN
- Windows and also Mac equipments get instantaneous login
- am making use of Debian and also I could duplicate with an Ubuntu equipment
- a person making use of Ubuntu claims that logging right into my equipment (neighborhood LAN) is additionally instantaneous
- making use of hostname IP address takes concerning fifty percent as much time (~ 15s)
[ upgrade ]
ssh -vvv [email protected], below is where it waits one of the most:
debug3: authmethod_lookup gssapi-with-mic debug3: remaining preferred: publickey,keyboard-interactive,password debug3: authmethod_is_enabled gssapi-with-mic debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
And after that it waits a little bit below:
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_1000' not found debug1: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_1000' not found
Have you validated your DNS arrangement?
Attempt the setup
mdns off in
This disables the mdns resolution and also aided me a whole lot.
It appears gentoo is managing this a bit various. To disable multicast DNS lookups, you need to transform the documents
There need to be something like:
hosts: files mdns
Change it to:
hosts: files dns