Can a Mac with OS X 10.5 (Leopard) confirm with a Windows 2008 domain name?
I would love to have my MacBook Pro authenticate versus Active Directory working on Windows 2008. A number of years ago I attempted to set this up in between OS X 10.4 and also Windows 2003 yet I had not been effective. A thorough action - by - action overview and also a checklist of gotchas around domain name protection plan would certainly be wonderful.
Two wonderful sources on signing up with OSX customers to Active Directory are :
The Apple white paper on just how to do it : pdf
An Apple video clip discussion on ideal techniques for OSX ADVERTISEMENT : seminar
Apple has a considerable checklist of white documents and so on for an entire series of subjects - find out more at http://www.apple.com/business/resources/
I would certainly advise beginning with this overview on Apple is sending by mail checklist (debt to Gilbert Palau):
The core is priced estimate below:
- Go to the Directory Utility >/ Applications/Utilities/
- Click the Advanced Settings Button > Buttons need to show up on the leading
- Click Services
- Make certain you are confirmed to makes adjustments > click the lock and also login
- Double‐click the Active Directory
- key in your domain name in "Active Directory Domain" > ex-spouse. (mydomain.com) beware if your domain name finishes with.local opposed to.com or.net, you require to disable bonjour if it finishes with.local.
- click bind
- enter in username and also password > simply the username NOT e-mail @concealed or MYDOMAIN \ User
- Click ok.