How much time does it require to play human being throughout?
It relies on the Victory Conditions you have actually evaluated the start of the video game. The video game finishes when among them is gotten to.
These can be:
- Conquest Victory : removes all opponents
- Domination Victory : occupation a particular percent of the globe's populace and also international land mass
- Cultural Victory : reach fabulous society with 3 cities
- Space Race Victory : allow your ship get here to Alpha Centauri first
- Diplomatic Victory : be chosen to an attain polite triumph by the gamers by amassing 75% of the "Yes" ballots
- Time Victory : get the highest possible rating at the end of the video game (2050AD)
summed up from CIV IV page on Wikipedia
There are numerous major variables regarding how much time Civ IV video games last.
1) Game rate setup The distinction in between fast (every little thing is 33% faster build/research) and also marathon (every little thing is 300% longer to construct/ study) additionally shows up as a real increase in complete variety of turns. (I assume "regular" defaults to 500 turns?)
2) Game Map Size Map dimension can transform the size of triumphes greatly. Tiny maps prefer occupation or dominance triumphes. Larger maps (with the opportunity for even more scientific research generating cities) offer themselves to (partially) much faster room and also Cultural triumphes.
3) Victory Settings As stated by Marco in other places in this subject, there are numerous various triumph problems. Several of these (Conquest/ Religious/ Time) can be gotten to substantially earlier than others (Cultural, Space Race, Diplomatic)
4) How you play the video game Do you automate every little thing and also press "enter" to miss turn after turn? Are you an occupation - minded player that requires to micromanage huge militaries as you expand your realm? There's no very easy means to establish just how much time a solitary turn will certainly take.
The lower line is that a typical Civ IV video game will certainly take place over hrs, otherwise days. (Though you might give up any time, obtaining a "Time" "Victory")
Edit : Added "Game Map" as recommended.