Just how to repair Windows? Blog post your list
There is occasionally a scenario when Windows instantly freaks out: is slow-moving, less competent, some points do not function, it collapses. I ask yourself just how do you come close to detecting those concerns.
I'm just a designer, not actually recognizing Windows also deply. There is possibly extra individuals like me ... I highly think that seasoned Windows managers have a number of valuable methods that can make detecting less complicated.
Please upload your strategies, the extra advanced/tricky/unstandard, the far better.
Start - > Run - > msconfig - > startup tab
Uncheck every little thing. Reactivate and also attempt to replicate the trouble (some apps/services will certainly not function). If the trouble is settled, return right into msconfig and also re - check half the startup things. Restart & replicate the trouble. Slim the solutions down by 1/ 2 each time.
Let me start with the checklist:
- Install most existing updates/service packs.
- Validate vehicle drivers, seek problems, upgrade to more recent ones.
- Usage Process Explorer to see a little bit even more information concerning what's being run
- Use Process Monitor (mixed filemon and also regmon) to see information concerning certain procedure
- Check the solutions - (services.msc from command punctual).
- Troubles with graphics/sound (specifically with older applications) - validate DirectX (run dxdiag from console), attempt disabling equipment velocity.
- See what's being worked on windows boot time - Windows start points
- Scan for infections (anyways, you need to have it upgraded and also running regularly).
- Run some anti-malware tool
- Look at windows occasion log (eventvwr from console)
- Make certain there goes to the very least ~ 250mb vacuum on Windows drive.
- Examine virtual memory setups.
- See network setups (from console : ncpa.cpl and also ipconfig/ all)
- Inspect firewall program arrangement. If you have actually transformed Windows firewall program off, examine if it isn't launched.
- Look if hosts documents is not changed %WINDIR% \ System32 \ vehicle drivers \ etc \ hosts
- Run complete HDD check and also defragment.
- Run memory examination http://www.memtest86.com/
You need to recognize most (otherwise all) of it currently, yet with any luck this aids someone.