Multilanguage Keyboard with Android
Occasionally I key in German and also occasionally in English.
I appear to be just able to activate autocompletion for one language and also need to add words of the various other language individually to the thesaurus.
Exists a far better means for those individuals that are multilingual?
Yes, you can do this. Below's just how:
Note : I get on Froyo (Android 2.2), so if you're on a various variation it might be a little various.
- Most likely to your residence screen.
- Pick Settings from the Menu
- Choose Language & Keyboard
- Choose Android Keyboard
- Choose Input Languages
- Select the English and also German Languages
- Exit out by pushing the Home Key
You're currently set up for German and also English.
Below's just how to examine it:
- Open the internet browser
- Tap the address bar to raise the keyboard
- LONG PRESS the address bar (or message area, whatever you intend to call it)
- Look at the the room bar : it will certainly have the adhering to : < English >
- Now SWIPE/SLIDE your finger over the room bar, you'll see it transform to < German >
Once < German > is picked, you're currently making use of the German keyboard. Swipe once more to go back to English.