Is there an usage for my old iPhone?
I updated to the iPhone 3G 2 years earlier from the first iPhone and also will certainly (with any luck ) get the iPhone 4 at some time. I was considering simply utilizing my old one like an iPod Touch or simply maintain in my audio speakers for songs. I additionally took into consideration jailbreaking (possibly it would certainly aid me improve with shows? ) or marketing it too.
What do you advise I perform with it?
If you are a programmer than absolutely maintain it as a tool to examine iOS applications on.
I have actually maintained mine as a result of training course applications will certainly run reasonably promptly on my iPhone 4, so I examine on my iPhone 3G to see just how concerning fifty percent of my customers will certainly experience my application.
If you're in the UK, O2 pay a practical rate for old apples iphone - they have a 'Recycle' web page on their internet site (attempt O2 Recycle). We utilized it lately to get something back for a 16Gb 3GS and also an 8Gb 3G - they were both still boxed, in wonderful problem, and also we obtained concerning ₤ 350 for them.
The rates differ daily, and also they might make a change based upon their analysis of the phone once they get it, yet the solution is rather fast and also we had a cheque back from them within a week of sending them off.
The development solution uploaded over - I would not maintain iphone 3G for screening merely due to the fact that there will certainly be no 3G customers left - most will certainly have moved to iPhone 4 or 3GS.
I was doing some study and also I located that 3G market share was 20% - which was prior to iPhone 4 was presented. Taking into consideration that a great deal of individuals with 3G will certainly update to iPhone 4, I can see 3G install base decline. On the various other hand a great deal of individuals are marketing 3G phones ... so they can be gotten by non - iphone customers really promptly.
- Sell it : Gazelle is an excellent area to market old gizmos.
- Utilize it as a normal iPod Touch (I offered my old iPhone to my teenager to see iTunes U video clips for college).
- Jailbreak it.
- Test Custom Apps
- Turn it right into a cool individual task (remote cars/planes, residence automation). Blog site concerning it also.
- Contribute it
- Replace your auto stereo (this set is enjoyable).
- Make it your mobile DVR ; load it with your favored programs and also see them when you have time (I recognize you can do this with you new iPhone, yet it'll reduce battery life if you make use of a 2nd tool).
- Advanced alarm (I recognize, that's foolish).
Sorry if I duplicated any kind of pointers. I was doing a fast brainstorm. It's enjoyable locating new means to make use of old gizmos. All the best and also allow us recognize what you do.