Google "Start Page" Service is missing out on from Google Apps
I'm making use of Google Apps Standard Edition on 2 various domain names. On among them when I push Add even more solutions , I see the Start Page solution which will certainly :
Let [domain name ] customers accessibility solutions from a. main area. Sneak peek inboxes and also. schedule occasions, accessibility crucial. web content, and also search the internet'.
... yet on the various other I do not see this Google Service detailed. I'm attempting to enable it on the one where it does not turn up.
- The Start Page is detailed straight below Google Services , not under Other solutions . It's not detailed as New! or Labs .
- I saw to it that the vital Domain Settings of both websites are specifically the very same : Automatically add new solutions when the appeared (made it possible for ), Enable beta attributes (made it possible for ), and also Control panel (Next generation ).
- I saw an additional distinction in between both domain name's control board : on the one with Start Page , it's missing out on the Domain Names tab under Domain Settings . If I most likely to the various other website's Domain Settings web page, I see just one domain name detailed, given that I have not utilized this attribute.
- I am visited as a manager to both control board (clearly ).
- The one that has the Start Page alternative, I developed concerning a week earlier. The one without the alternative, I developed concerning a year earlier.
- With the exemption of this set solution, they both show the specific very same solutions that can be included or gotten rid of.
- Searching the Google Apps Marketplace for
Start Pagedoes not return any kind of pertinent outcomes.
Update : I simply visited today and also currently I do see the solution detailed.
This made use of to be readily available, yet has actually been stopped:
Note : The previous Start Page solution was a syndicated variation of iGoogle ; it permits you to set up a vibrant homepage (one start web page format per domain name) for your customers that unites your web content, Google solutions, and also the most effective of the internet. Beginning on 3 December 2008, the Start Page is no more consisted of for new companies that enroll in Google Apps.
However, you can currently make your very own using Google Sites:
As a Google Apps manager, you can create a Start Page for your customers, making use of the Google Sites Start Page layout. This web page is your customers' homepage, on which they can access their Google solutions and also various other material - - such as interactive gizmos and also RSS feeds - - when they visit to their Google Apps accounts.their Google Apps accounts.
(From the guide : http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=179916