Learning Lambda Calculus
What are some excellent online/free sources (tutorials, overviews, workouts, and so on ) for learning Lambda Calculus?
Especially, I want the adhering to locations :
- Untyped lambda calculus
- Simply-typed lambda calculus
- Other keyed in lambda calculi
- Church's Theory of Types (I'm not exactly sure where this suits ).
(As I recognize, this need to give a strong basis for the understanding of type theory. )
Any kind of suggestions and also pointers would certainly be valued.
It could be wonderful to resolve Structure and also Interpretation of Computer Programs , which is available online absolutely free. This publication is an intro to computer science and also the shows language Scheme, which is a taste of the shows language Lisp, which is based upon the lambda calculus. Although it is not purely a publication concerning the lambda calculus, it could be enjoyable or valuable to obtain some hands - on and also "sensible" experience with the lambda calculus by reviewing several of this publication and also resolving several of its workouts.
- Barendregt & Barendsen, 1984, Introduction to lambda-calculus ;
- Girard, Lafont & Taylor, 1987, Proofs and Types ;
- Sørenson & Urzyczyn, 1999, Lectures on the Curry-Howard Isomorphism.
Every one of these are stated in the LtU Getting Started thread.