Why does not the new variation of Ubuntu 10.10 turn up in Update Manager?
I am presently making use of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and also when I run the update manager it does not show the new release.
- I have actually examined the "Software Sources" upgrade tab to see to it "release upgrade" is readied to Normal.
- I'm obtaining updates from the "Main Server".
- I've attempted running upgrade - supervisor and also examining a couple of times to see to it there is absolutely nothing to upgrade to
- I've run "upgrade - supervisor - c"
- I've run "upgrade - supervisor - d"
yet it still does not show, and also I can not locate a solution on Google.
I resort to you, Help!
On LTS variations of Ubuntu the default actions is to not signal you concerning new launches unless they are LTS launches. To transform this most likely to:
- System > Administration > Software Resources
- Click the Updates Tab
- Change the "Show new circulation launches" to "Normal Releases" (the take down box is under the Release Upgrade area).
- After doing so Software Sources need to ask you to rejuvenate your databases
- After rejuvenating most likely to the Update Manager (System > Administration > Update Manager) and also a switch to upgrade to Maverick will certainly be disclosed
Have you rejuvenated the update manager? Generally it examines on a daily basis for new launches, yet it occasionally does not, so see to it you have actually clicked the Check.
If this still does not function, see to it that you have actually mounted all updates to 10.04, and afterwards click Check once more.
If these do not function, examine that the software program resources made the release upgrade check to regular, by examining the
/etc/update-manager/release-upgrades documents and also seeing to it it claims
If after these you still can not see it, attempt doing this on the command line:
"sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" "sudo do-release-upgrade"
That needs to function.
If it still does not function, after that modify your
/etc/apt/sources.list documents, editing and enhancing all occurences of lucid with radical and afterwards
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
If nevertheless this, it still does not function, I have no suggestion what else to do: - P