Useful Commandline Commands on Unix
As there is a windows version of this inquiry, I determined to open an area wiki for the very same inquiry under unix, linux, and so on.
I'll be upgrading this checklist with the solutions:
- bash: director 3 <>/ dev/tcp/localhost/ 80 # Redirect to port 80 of localhost
- locate: look for documents in a directory site power structure
- htop: interactive procedure visitor, comparable to leading
- xargs: construct and also execute command lines from typical input
- tmux: removable, re - attachable command line sessions
- apropo: locate pertinent male web pages
- vmstat: See the state of your system
Keyboard shortcuts: - Ctrl T (BSD details): send SIGINFO to a running program - Magic SesRq key (Linux details): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
Maybe not regulates in itself, yet I've located recognizing that you can set celebration to make use of emacs or vi - design faster ways to browse the punctual to be specifically valuable. Ctrl+A to relocate to the start of the line, Ctrl+E to relocate to completion of the line, and also all the others (c.f. http://www.hypexr.org/bash_tutorial.php).