Can YouTube video clips be watched without making use of the Adobe Flash Player plugin?
Sure! You can make use of the HTML5 version of YouTube.
All you require is an internet internet browser that sustains both the video tag in HTML5 and also either the h. 264 video codec or the WebM layout (with VP8 codec ). These include :
- Firefox (WebM made it possible for variation readily available here )
- Google Chrome (h. 264 sustained currently, WebM made it possible for variation readily available using Early Release Channel )
- Opera (WebM made it possible for variation readily available here )
- Apple Safari (h. 264, variation 4+ )
- Microsoft Internet Explorer with Google Chrome Frame mounted (Get Google Chrome Frame )
Youtube additionally has video clips readily available making use of the HTML5 video tag. This is presently just sustained in current internet browsers though, and also there are some added challenges in the customer experience from not making use of flash which are laid out in this blog post on the YouTube API Blog.