Exists a fast means to lock my Mac?
On Windows you can strike the keys Windows+ L to lock your computer system if you tip away.
I do not intend to need to bear in mind if rest presently requests for a password, if there is a break where my screen isn't secured throughout a brief duration. Despite having Lion sustaining resume of several applications, I do not intend to log out.
I do intend to make certain information is safe and secure when marching for lunch or a smoke break.
Deskshade does specifically what you are asking. It secures the screen presenting just a massive lock indicator so burglars recognize the screen is secured which protects against unneeded efforts to make use of the equipment whiles you are away. http://macrabbit.com/
Logging out to the rapid customer changing screen
/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu\ Extras/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSession -suspend.
- Enable the rapid customer changing food selection from the Users & Groups choice pane and afterwards select Login Window from the food selection.
- Make use of the lock activity in Alfred.
Securing the screen
- Check "Require password quickly after rest or screen saver begins" in the Security & Privacy choice pane. You can after that lock the computer system by hand by pushing control - change - eject to switch off display screens or alternative - command - eject to head to rest. A power key can be alternatived to eject in 10.8 and also later on. In 10.9 and also later on, you can additionally place display screens to rest by running
- Enable the Keychain food selection added from the choices of Keychain Access and afterwards select Lock Screen ... from the food selection.
If you intend to have the ability to remote your Mac (with Synergy or something comparable) also when it's secured, I would certainly advise you to show the Keychain Status in the Menu Bar. You do that as adheres to:
- Launch the application
⌘,to open the Preferences window
- Tick the
Show Status in Menu Barcheck box
- Click the freshly shown up lock symbol in the food selection bar
Lock Screento lock the screen
This will certainly lock the screen with a login window, yet still make the Mac feasible to remote. If you do not require to remote the Mac, MacLoc is a straightforward and also reliable remedy.
Via the Expose system choices panel you can set a "warm edge" of your display that triggers your screen saver. Claim you set all-time low Left edge, as quickly as you relocate your computer mouse there the screen saver will certainly invoke. If you've set a password on it, bingo, done.
Yet an additional alternative is to enable Fast User Switching in the Login Options pane of the Accounts choices panel. This places a Users food selection in the leading right-hand man edge, where you can promptly pick "Login Window ...". This kicks you to the login screen, calling for a password to relocate far from, as well as additionally does not end your session/quit any kind of running applications.
⇧+ ⌘+ ⌥+ Q will certainly execute a "fast logout."
An additional alternative is to enable a password when waking from rest or screen saver and also including a warm edge for one or the various other. After that securing is as straightforward as throwing a computer mouse behind-the-scenes.
On macOS High Sierra, there is a typical key series and also Apple food selection thing to lock your screen.
- Control-Command-Q or ^+ ⌘+ Q
For older OS, ⇧+ ⌃+ ⏏ places the display screen (just the display screen, not the entire computer system ) to rest and also will certainly after that motivate you for a password if you have actually made it possible for
Require password [amount of time] after sleep or screen saver begins under
System Preferences > Security.
If your Mac does not have an ⏏ (eject ) key, you can make use of ⇧+ ⌃+ ⌽ (power ).