Why does IIS reject to offer ASP.NET web content?
My Windows Server 2003 Std web server rejects to web server ASP.NET web content. It offers normal html simply great yet anything.net, also a one line html documents with an ASPX extention falls short calmly.
Points I've attempted:
- Absolutely nothing in case log or IIS WWW logs when it falls short.
- Fiddler reveals no feedback
- I reinstalled.NET with
- C:\ WINDOWS \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v2.0.50727 > aspnet_regiis. exe -U
- C:\ WINDOWS \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v2.0.50727 > aspnet_regiis. exe -I
- I offer obscenely high permissions on every little thing I can consider (complete control, read, write, and so on) to all perhaps pertinent customers (IUSER *, ASP.NET, and so on).
- I validated that ASP.Net v1 and also v2 Web Service Extensions are "permitted" in IIS
- Validated that the Server Manager had IIS and also ASP.Net duties made it possible for
Once more: this is the circumstance:
- http://localhost/Test/Default.htm <-- Works wonderful!
- http://localhost/Test/Default.aspx <-- Bombs calmly without message in all
Any kind of advice will certainly be much valued!
Remedy: I re-installed per the guidelines listed below and also it functions currently. Many thanks all!
Try this : http://localhost/blah.aspx (needs to be a non-existent web page). If it offers you a 404 as opposed to the asp.net mistake web page after that asp.net isn't running, if it offers you a 403 mistake after that the approvals for the website are incorrect.
Below's a list that may aid :
- Is IIS operating?
- Is your internet site running?
- Is the app-pool for your internet site functioning appropriately?
Is ASP.NET mounted and also signed up?
cd/ d %windir% \ Microsoft.Net \ Framework \ v2.0.50727
aspnet_regiis -i -enable
Is ASP.NET running?
Examine the "ASP.NET" tab in your internet site's buildings. See to it it's making use of the appropriate variation.
- Are approvals set up appropriately?
Examine the "Home Directory" tab in your website's buildings, examine the "Execute Permissions" setup, it needs to be readied to permit manuscripts. Additionally examine the "Web Service Extensions" to see to it asp.net is permitted to run.
I've run right into this specific concern numerous times, and also every single time, the remedy was to :
- most likely to the Control Panel
- most likely to the "Windows Components" location
- remove IIS, allow it uninstall
- re-add IIS ( see to it to include the ASP.NET things when you mark off packages ).
- Run : C :\ WINDOWS \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v2.0.50727 > aspnet_regiis. exe -I
I invested hrs debugging this at a customer website as soon as, which was the method. Ever since, every single time this has actually taken place, this was the solution.
I'm not exactly sure what the origin is, yet we tore the IIS arrangement apart as soon as attempting to figure it out, and also also had Microsoft RDC' ing right into the web server concerned for 2 or 3 hrs, and also they could not aid either.
So I write it off as an undocumented bug in ASP.NET/ IIS.